The Indian Edtech industry is poised to reach $30 billion in the next ten years. The emergence of virtual classrooms in online learning and vital technological advancements has been a major determinant impacting K-12 education, higher education, and the growing popularity of Massive Open Online Courses( MOOC).
Technology has become an inseparable part of our modern education system. Whether it’s starting an online course to enrolling in a prominent university for distance learning, technology is everywhere. It is not only making our lives easier but also creating a way to the future.
Accept it or not, when we search for our desired courses on the internet, we find an array of courses that aren’t involved in the physical classroom infrastructure. Technology has made a decentralized form of education, where there is a chance for growth, improvement, and feedback.
When the entire world was put to a halt, technology came to the rescue. Attendance registers were replaced by the virtual presence and the participant’s list, and assignment submissions were substituted by the emails. Moreover, in-built tools like a whiteboard, increased user access, and daily inputs from the students made the whole education process simple yet unique in its own manner.
Ways and methods how technology is impacting virtual classes in online learning and transforming the education system:
- Streamlining the education process: The concept of virtual classes and online learning have streamlined the education process. In the pre-covid era, students used to watch just tables and images in a textbook and learn from them. However, the concept of virtual classrooms showed us an entirely different side of education with the help of virtual interaction platforms.
Now, the educator teaching science and chemistry depict the process of different chemicals getting transformed and various chemical reactions taking place by displaying a video on the screen. Moreover, they can give online assessments and record the sessions. The recorded sessions can be later viewed by the students in case of any doubts.
On CallXP, this process becomes much easier because of the existence of a multiple-access whiteboard and the possibility of sharing the camera and video at the same time. The platform also has a feature through which the educator can pop up live tests and quizzes during the session.
The following assist in streamlining the education system:
- Online learning assessment Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Remote learning technology
- Cloud-based lesson planning and sharing
- Enhancing the learning experience: Remember how boring our history classes used to be. With some blurred images in the textbook about the ancient civilizations, it was almost a headache for us to learn and grab the knowledge about their culture and skillsets.
However, with the emergence of virtual reality (VR), now they can experience those civilizations which once existed. As it’s a well-accepted fact that visuals stay in our minds, and we learn faster from the images and visuals. Utilizing virtual reality (VR) in virtual classrooms has almost upgraded the education system ten times.
Also, getting education in the comfort of their own house is an important phenomenon in enhancing the learning experience.
- A boon for the special kids: There are various start-ups coming into the limelight that provide braille keyboards and displays for handicapped or disabled children. With the help of technology, disabled students can be on par with normal kids and students.
A stenotype machine real-time software computer which converts speech to text in seconds and is specifically designed for deaf children can back them in pursuing their education.
Let’s list out some of the assistive technological advancements for special children in the education field:
- The use of magnifiers for people with low vision as it increases the size of a picture without affecting the pixels.
- Braille displays are used to write in braille, type in braille, print in braille, and browsing the internet.
- Optical character recognition or OCR helps in converting text to speech for visually impaired people.
- Speech Generating devices help dumb people to convert a text into speech.
- Voice amplification systems will amplify the sounds of people with impaired vocal cords.
- Easy access to educational materials: The educational materials, like assignments, recorded sessions, homework, etc., can be uploaded on various cloud storage systems like Google Drive, Dropbox, and IBM cloudburst.
Any student from anywhere in the world can access the file uploaded on the cloud storage. This is one of the most vital advancements in technology that has enhanced the security of files as well.
There are two types of access on the Cloud; shared access and open access. Students can use both. If they want to share the assignment just with their educator, they can use shared access, where only the educator will be able to access the file.