Did iPhone contacts got deleted by default?
We are here to help you out with this article to get all of your contacts back safely, make sure to read the whole post.
The situation seems to have worsened after the update of iOS 15 update and many users complained that iPhone contacts disappeared automatically after the installation.
This problem is mostly irritating when you are in an emergency and want to quickly dial a contact number but find out that your call logs list is empty.
We are here today to brief you about the issue and help you out to solve it easily.
Why does this happen?
Well, there could be several reasons why you have been facing such issues but the most common ones are a buggy update, an ill-fated restore or a sluggish slow syncing due to poor internet connection.
Trying to solve and get into the depth of each error we have provided a possible solution for each error, make sure to read the complete article.
- Try to sign out of iCloud and sign back in :
Many times trying to sign out of your Apply ID and trying to sign back in might solve this issue and get your contacts back.
- Try changing the group settings for contacts:
- Open the phone app and navigate the contacts tab.
- Now tap on the ‘Groups’ button in the top left corner.
- Uncheck the ‘All iCloud’ option and choose ‘done on the right corner.
Key point:- You can also, click on “Delete from the iPhone” to clear out all the previously synced contacts and let iCloud bring back all the contacts without any glitch.
Lastly, select the option ‘Merge’ to merge the contacts with the existing ones on the device.
Now give it some time to merge both of the contacts ( Cloud ones with the local ones), and then open the contacts apps on your iPhone and check whether the iPhone contacts missing have been restored or not.
- Keep Finder/iTunes as a backup to restore the iPhone.
If none of the above solutions work out for you, it’s time to launch the nuclear weapon of our guide.
All you have to do is navigate back to the drawing board and restore the iPhone with the previous backup.
Might as well have worked for many of the readers so I am mentioning the best troubleshooting ways to get this fixed.
- Connect your iPhone to MAC or PC with a charging cable and open Finder/iTunes (in Mac OS Catalina).
- Now choose your iPhone
- Click on the restore backup button and choose the preferred backup as per your choices.
- Now once the backup has been successfully done, try to go back to the contacts app and see whether the lost contacts have been restored or not.
Conclusion:- That’s how you can try some ways and bring back your contacts disappeared on iPhone, as I have gone through the same issues quite a couple of times and can feel the misery.
Thankful for these efficient hacks that can help you with this issue.