Know about the extensive range of shingle roofs that is perfect for your roof.
Because of their durability and cost-effectiveness, shingle roofs are always the best option. Roof shingles come in a variety of styles, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. While asphalt shingles are the most common, there are also clay shingles, metal roof shingles, and a variety of other possibilities. We have listed below the most popular types of roof shingles our clients in Inglewood prefer:
· Asphalt Shingles (Three-Tab): Asphalt shingles are frequently tagged as the best roof shingles for the homeowner on a budget. Despite its modest price as compared to other varieties of shingles, it provides adequate weather protection. Three-tab shingles and architectural shingles are the two most common types of asphalt shingles.
The three-tab design is more customary, with equal-sized tabs. Because they expand and contract with the temperature change, they are likely to crack in fluctuating weather. Their lifespan is 15 to 25 years, which is much lower than their counterparts. Also, they, are not eco-friendly solutions because they are made with fossil fuels and aren’t highly recyclable.
· Asphalt Shingles (Architectural): Architectural shingles seem to be the better choice than the three-tab shingles, ensuring better protection and a more desirable appearance. Their superiority is reflected in their pricing, which is initially expensive, but it pays off in the long run as they don’t require costly maintenance. Moreover, they are simple to install and replace.
· Metal Shingles: Metal shingles can replicate almost any style of roofing, including slate, clay tile, shingle, and cedar shakes. Metal shingles are of two types, viz., galvanized steel coating with a metallic finish and metal-coated stone granules put to the roof surface. These are also called stone-coated steel. Customized shingles that imitate the look of zinc or copper roofs are also available in the market. Metal shingles are costlier than asphalt shingles. You may choose classic standing seam metal roofs, which are less expensive. Metal shingles have a long lifespan and they may last as long as 30 years. It is also pest, fire, mold, and mildew resistant.
· Tile Roofing (Clay or Concrete): Clay or concrete tile shingles, which are usually barrel-shaped and perforated to give an iconic design, are another popular choice. It is especially more suitable for homes in Inglewood and entire California. They’re also available in flat styles that seem like slate. Since it reflects sunlight better than asphalt, they are frequently utilized in hot climes.
Clay tiles are also more wind resistant, making them conducive to potential storm zones. However, the concrete shingle materials are heavier than conventional roof shingles. Therefore, we, as a roofer, will always double-check the roof structure and its load bearing-capacity before roof installation. Homeowners should not attempt to replace clay tile on their own and revert to professionals like us. The normal lifespan of this Spanish-style roof is 20 years.
· Wood Shingles: Multiple types of wood are divided into tiny bits to make wooden roof shingles. Wooden roofs are available in two styles, namely, wood shingles and wood shake. The marked difference between the two is that wood shingles are cut to exact shapes, whereas wood shakes are sheared off and hand-split to lend them a more rustic appearance. Wood shingles roofing is very attractive, have a long life, and is weather resistant.
· Solar Shingles: Solar roofing shingles are among the most cutting-edge roof shingles available today. They are costlier than other roofing solutions. However, homeowners do not install them only to keep water out. Solar shingles are used to power your home by generating electricity. They have an aesthetic look, but you don’t require putting them to cover the entire roof. Along with your solar roof shingles, you may combine other styles of roofing you wish to install. Solar shingles only work well on the southern side of a roof. Exposures to the east and west are also a viable option, but they will be less effective.
Rubber Roof Shingles: These are unique products that, when made into shingles, they resemble asphalt shingles, which are often used in conventional homes. Rubber shingles are easy to install and maintain, although they are marginally costlier than asphalt shingles. Rubber roofing can last up to 15 to 25 years after installation. The shingles can also help you save money on your energy bills by reducing your annual electricity costs. Rubber roofs are available in three different types: PVC, TPO, and EPDM.
· Plastic Roof Shingles (Composite): The majority of composite plastic shingles are manufactured from recycled plastic. They are a superb eco-friendly roof replacement alternative since they extend the life of polymers and other synthetic substances that would otherwise be discarded. They may resemble stone slate tiles or even wood shakes. Besides, they are relatively lighter than slate or other roofing products, making them much easier to install.
Composite plastic shingles are less expensive than most other shingle varieties. Depending on the particular type of material you use, plastic roofing can last between 7 to 20 years.
· These are various options that are placed before you to choose from. However, you should always seek advice from prominent roofing professionals before finalizing the type of roof shingles for roof installation or replacement. You may leave the full roof installations to the pros like Dante Roofing company servicing Inglewood, as we have the expertise to recommend the shingle installation after the primary inspection. If you insist, we can help you select the type of roof shingles after a detailed inspection of your property.